Easy Recipes Make Chicken Pancake Dinner

chicken pancake recipes
chicken pancake recipes

Ingredients :

  • 1 cup plain flour
  • Pinch salt
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 & ½ cups milk

Chicken Filling :

  • 2 Chicken breasts chopped up
  • ½ cup undiluted cream of chicken soup
  • 1/3 cup mayonnaise
  • ¼ cup cream
  • Teaspoon lemon juice (I don’t add this)
  • 4 shallots (I don’t add this either, lol)
  • Salt and pepper
  • 2 teaspoons curry powder

Topping :

  • 2 ½ cups breadcrumbs
  • 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
  • 60 grams butter
  • Fry breadcrumbs in butter

Make pancakes by beating eggs, adding flour and milk alternately until mixture is smooth. Using a small frypan, spoon (I use a ladle) a little mixture into the pan and swirl around till it sets. I usually get them around the size of a small dinner plate. Flip when edges start to curl/lift. Second side doesn’t take long. I usually get around 12 pancakes from this.

With a little oil in a large frying pan, brown chopped up chicken, add curry powder and cook for one minute. Add cream of chicken soup, mayonnaise, cream, salt and pepper. (The original recipe uses lemon juice and shallots, but I don’t add these). Once mixture is combined and boiling, reduce heat and let simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Let mixture cool a little.

Lay pancake on a board and place filling along it, and roll up. Place into greased flat baking dish – I use a big pyrex lasagne dish. Fill rest of pancakes.

To make this the yummiest, I don’t use bought breadcrumbs. I toast 4 crusts of bread, then blitz them in the food processor. Melt 60 grams butter into small frying pan, tip in breadcrumbs and parsley and mix till coated. Spread breadcrumbs over pancakes.

Bake in oven for 20 – 30 minutes or until breadcrumbs are crunchy.

Notes :

  1. Thighs can be used instead of breast
  2. I use more cream than stated above
  3. This is a very time consuming recipe, but I do all except the oven part in the morning, then just whack it into the oven at dinner time, so it’s easier on time then.

0 comments